[NEW] AUS-10 Damascus 5-in Santoku Knife Blank Blade, Thunder-X Series, Ultra wide Blade 40mm [No Logo]
Model: CKTD7B-NO LOGO
- KITCHEN KNIFE MAKING BLANK – This woodworking project kit includes a full tang knife blank ONLY. Customize your very own knife handle by using wood, metal, Micarta, Kirinite or even leather to create a cool accent. Give your Japanese Santoku knife a unique personality by hand ﬁnishing all the parts. BONUS: Includes 4 sets of metal pins and a Mosaic center pin.
- ENGINEERED TO PERFECTION – Unparalleled design, Katsura knife blade blanks are made with a Japanese AUS-10 Core reinforced with 66 Layers of Damascus Steel, 60+ Rockwell hardness. With excellent edge retention, your cutting knife will stay razor sharp for years to come. Feel the strength and beauty of your unique knife in your hand.
- WOODWORKING PROJECT – Go ‘old school’ and rivet together your own handle and blade tang. Making knife handles is easier than you think, even if all you have is a sharp pocket knife and some scraps of softwood. Draw your dream knife handle on a piece of wood and carve it to the finished shape. Create your own ergonomic handle out of any material around the perfectly balanced 3 pin handle. Transform into a kitchen samurai with your new Japanese Santoku Knife.
- A TURE MASTERPIECE KITCHEN SAMURAI – Our culinary Santoku knife combines the enduring art of Japanese knife making with cutting edge technology. It has a razor-sharp edge and agile blade to make chopping, cutting and slicing much easier. Stunning Thunder-X pattern throughout the blade area with mosaic pin completes this masterpiece. EXTRA wide blade (39mm) makes your cutting task more efficient. Full size handle creates more comfortable cutting experience.
- COMPLETELY ORIGINAL GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS / HOLIDAYS – Our woodworking blanks for adults are the ultimate gift for people who spend time in their studio or workshop. Crafters, hobbyists, and even foodies/chefs will love owning their own custom knife handles! SIZE: 5-inch Blade, 9.85 Inch Overall, 4.85 Inch handle, 40mm wide blade, N.W. 4.25 OZ, HRC 60+ hardness. Please reach out to Katsura in case of any issues.
Katsura Knife Making Kit – YOU determine the best knife handle material to suit your needs!
Experience has taught us that there’s nothing like digging in and getting started. Even, if you’ve never made a knife before you can try your crafting skills with simple or makeshift tools! The thrill of carving, grinding, shaping, and buffing your own handle is unbelievably satisfying. Be proud of what you can create even if the end result is less than perfect.
The KATSURA AUS-10 Damascus Santoku Knife Blank comes with a blade blank only, allowing for a design-it-yourself handle made from the material of your choice. We recommend using Micarta, softwood, hardwood, purple heart wood, Kirinit, metal or even paracord!
➤ The blade is crafted by folding 66 layers of Japanese Damascus steel over a Japanese AUS-10 steel cutting core with a 60+ Rockwell hardness. Feel the satisfaction as your knife slices cleanly through your fresh, tasty ingredients.
➤ Easy to Maintain – With superior edge retention the blade will stay ultra-sharp for years to come. When needed the fine, yet tough edge is easy to sharpen.
➤ The handle is perfectly weighted and balanced. It features a full tang and 3-pin design with 4 sets of pins and a Mosaic center pin included.
➤ Mince, slice, and dice with ruthless efficiency. Designed to suit the cutting techniques used by professional Japanese chefs, Katsura knives bring culinary mastery to any kitchen.
➤ Extra wide blade (40mm Compare to regular Santoku 35mm) with Special Thunder-X pattern plus large full size handle makes this knife blank more unique.
➤ Ideal gift- Create a custom handle and present as a gift to the best cook in your family. Or buy for your friend or family member who loves carpentry or woodworking. Every KATSURA knife comes inside a handcrafted gift box.
USE AND CARE: not for chopping bone; do not use on hard surfaces like granite, tile, or glass cutting boards; wash by hand with gentle dish soap, rinse, and dry with a dishcloth; sharpen with a whetstone at an angle of 15 degrees.
Limited lifetime warranty, full satisfaction guaranteed.
We Also Recommend
[NEW] AUS-10 Damascus 8.25-in Gyuto Chef Knife Blank, Ultra Wide Blade 55mm [No Logo]
AUS-10 Damascus 8-in Gyuto Chef Knife Blank [Logo or No Logo]