- PREMIUM GRADE JAPANESE 3-Layer Forged Steel, VG-10 cutting core, HRC 60-62 hardness; exceptional sharpness, edge retention, and durability
- Full tang, triple rivet design with well-balanced, seamless, and durable Pakkawood handle for a non-slip and comfortable hold
- Long-lasting, sharp edge for slicing, dicing, and mincing meat, fruit, and vegetables (DO NOT chop bones)
- Blade size (length x width x thickness): 8 in x 1.75 in x 2.5 mm; net wt. 0.43 lb
- Limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects; crafted in Taiwan factory with steel imported from Japan
The KATSURA Japanese VG-10 3-Layer Forged Knife Series comes in 5 different options; 6.5’’ Nakiri, 8’’ Chef, 7’’ Santoku, 5” Small Santoku, and 3.5” Paring. The blade is crafted by folding 2 layers of Japanese forged steel over a Japanese VG-10 steel cutting core with a 60-62 Rockwell hardness for a finer and tougher edge that is still easy to sharpen. The PAKKAWOOD handle is perfectly weight balanced and features a full-tang, 3-pin design. Designed to suit the cutting techniques used by professional Japanese chefs, this knife series brings culinary mastery to any kitchen. Every KATSURA knife comes inside a handcrafted gift box. USE AND CARE: not for chopping bone; do not use on hard surfaces like granite, tile, or glass cutting boards; wash by hand with gentle dish soap, rinse, and dry with a dishcloth; sharpen with a whetstone at an angle of 15 degrees. Limited lifetime warranty, full satisfaction guaranteed.