- WOODWORKING PROJECT KIT includes KNIFE BLADE ONLY, handle needs to be made separately; customize your own handle out of your favorite material
- THE BLADE is made with Japanese VG-10 Core reinforced with 66 Layers of Damascus Steel with hammered surface, 62+ Rockwell hardness
- PERFECTLY balanced, 3-pin design handle; 4 sets of pins are included Free of charge
- MAINTAINS an extremely sharp edge over a long period of time
- SIZE: 8-inch Blade, 13-inch Overall , N.W. 5.70 OZ
The KATSURA VG-10 Hammered Damascus Gyuto Chef Knife kit comes with a blade blank only, allowing for a design-it-yourself handle made from a material of your choice. The knife is perfect for slicing, dicing, and mincing, and features a gyuto style tip for making finer cuts. The blade is crafted by folding 66 layers of Japanese Damascus steel over a Japanese VG-10 steel cutting core with a 62+ Rockwell hardness for a finer and tougher edge that is still easy to sharpen. The handle is perfectly weight balanced and features a full-tang and 3-pin design with 4 sets of pins included. Designed to suit the cutting techniques used by professional Japanese chefs, this knife brings culinary mastery to any kitchen. Every KATSURA knife comes inside a handcrafted gift box. USE AND CARE: not for chopping bone; do not use on hard surfaces like granite, tile, or glass cutting boards; wash by hand with gentle dish soap, rinse, and dry with a dishcloth; sharpen with a whetstone at an angle of 15 degrees. Limited lifetime warranty, full satisfaction guaranteed.